Today's smartphones provide a level of social connection far beyond what we imagined just a few years ago. But when users go beyond network coverage, smartphones need the help of SPOT Connect to keep in touch with friends, family, and emergency personnel.
Building upon our award winning Satellite Communicator accomplishments, Globalstar / SPOT engaged us again to realize new features and tackle device configuration challenges on annother aggressive product development schedule.
SPOT Connect pairs with smartphones via Bluetooth to access a global satellite network that allows users to send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet. Users can also update Twitter and Facebook, send email and text messages, request non-emergency help from professional service providers. In the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message via satellite.
- Send messages from anywhere via satellite
- Type and send message (41 character) or predefined message (120 character)
- Track progress on Google Maps or SPOT Adventures page
- Integrate with SPOTadventures.com and other popular social networks
- Smartphone apps for operation and status
- On-device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
- Temperature: -13°F to 140°F
- Altitude: -328 ft to 21,325 ft
- Waterproof: -3 ft for 30 min
"I give JDID my highest recommendation.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with them and the product design is top of class."
Katie Schoeben, VP